transcenDANCE’s mission is to guide youth in underserved San Diego communities to transcend barriers, expand their ambitions, and create positive change for themselves, their families, and their communities through dance and performance.
Our values consist of six C’s:
- Community – We provide our students and alumni with a second home that promotes safety and belonging.
- Creative expression – We teach our students and alumni about the power of creative expression in developing emotional and social resilience.
- Courage – We help our students develop the courage they need to challenge the barriers they face and expand their ambitions.
- Collaboration – We create strong partnerships with our students, alumni, staff, artists, grant-givers, donors, and community partners. We co-create programs and performances that make a difference in the communities we serve.
- Compassionate communication – We treat each other with kindness and respect. We listen and help our students give voice to their experience.
- Change making – We have a passionate commitment to collective action to improve our students’ well-being and success. We amplify their voice in in the communities they live in.
transcenDANCE programs provide development opportunities for youth in underserved San Diego communities through a unique three-tiered program model. Read more about our programs.